Thanks for stopping by. Take a look around and sift through all the awkwardness that is living and playing basketball in Germany. You get to experience everything without the awkward turtle. Consider yourself lucky. Enjoy!

Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

Top Ten NRJ Hits

Hey Everybody!!

Today's blog is a little different in that I am going to give you a taste of the music we listen to over here. I consulted with Marko heavily on this subject being that him and I watch videos all day long :). There is a lot of American music over here so I am going to keep this Top Ten strictly European. We only get a few English channels over here (CNN, CNBC, BBC, MTV (sometimes), and music video stations esp. NRJ Hits and YAVIDO) so the music videos are playing all day long.

Side Note: I have actually learned a lot of German from the subtitles on MTV and also learned how to count.

So here goes: The 1st NRJ HITS TOP 10 +1

11. Ching Ching - Busido

I had to put this song on the countdown only because he is German and probably the most famous German rapper.

10. La belle de mai - Stanislas

This song is sad and really touches Marko and my heart everytime we hear it (eventhough we don't understand the lyrics).

9. Pjando - Eric Prydz

This is simply another classic by Pjando, plus I know mom will appreciate the Native dancing.

8. Entre toi de moi - Matheu Edwards

Simply a great song.

7. Le blues de toi - Melissa M ft. Pras

This song is terrible until Pras comes on and makes it a NRJ HIT or should I say LEGEND!

6. Now You're Gone - Basshunter

Matthew Goldsmith's Theme Song!!

5. Tomorrow Can Wait - David Guetta

Marko's theme song. You should have seen him at the club when this came on. Wow, get out of the way because this Serbian Sensation was tearing up the dance floor.

4. Les Limites - Julian Dore (click the words to the left to see the video)

Sorry I couldn't embed this video but you MUST watch this video its HILARIOUS and its where I learned all my dance moves.

3. Un rayon de Soleil - William Balde

This song is just happy.

2. Infinity 2008 - Josh Guru Project

Enough Said.

1.C'est ma terre - Christhope Mae

This song will make you want to drop everything you are doing and just chill on the beach.


What will come up with NEXT!!!! Only time will tell. Keep this blog bookmarked because big things are coming.

TJW with consultation from Marko

2 comments:

KR said...

Hi Trevor,

THANKS for some German Music Culture! What a GREAT way for you to learn the German language!

I am still laughing about the Julien Dore selection! So, that's where you learned to dance and no wonder Anna will not go out dancing with you. For the record...I will always dance with you because this style looked oddly familiar to me!!??!

I dropped your Mom at the airport today so HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU!

Love,
Auntie Kristi

post said...

Hello there..

Thanks for the top ten hits. I just wondering how german music sounds like, and from today i learn german language. I think it will easy to me to learn from the music

Thanks anyway

LIA