Thanks for stopping by. Take a look around and sift through all the awkwardness that is living and playing basketball in Germany. You get to experience everything without the awkward turtle. Consider yourself lucky. Enjoy!

Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

Hagen-Haspe

Sorry for such a late post. I was hoping to get my computer back this week and the week kept getting later and later so I finally gave in and sat down to write. I may throw up some pictures from the game if I get my comp back anytime soon. If not, I guess you will just have to deal with my dull writing. I may try and spice things up with bold and italics so look out. But don't count on it.

So I have good and bad news from last week. Which one do you want first? Ok, here goes the bad. We got POUNDED by Hagen-Haspe. Just for the record, anyone who currently resides or lived at some point in the lovely town of Redwood Falls cannot come to games. I seem to play REALLY REALLY well (sarcasm) when people from my hometown come. So no more visitors from Redwood. If anyone has read my previous blog you know that Lily came to visit last weekend. She is not invited back. Just kidding, I will gladly play bad to see some fellow redwoodites. This means you need to get those tickets quick because I am only over here for a little under two months.

Quick Hagen Game Synopsis
1. We got in a hole right from the start
2. I got in foul trouble fouling out early in the fourth
a. I will not comment on the officiating this game as much as I want to, just ask Lily
b. 2 offensive fouls (one after a lovely bearhug from my opponent) and one foul trying
to get around a moving screen...need I say more
3. They are the best team in our league eventhough their record right now does not show that
4. Fastest, quickest, most athletic team in our league
5. Took too long to write this post so I put the game out of my mind a long time ago
6. Lets just not talk about it okay?

Now for the GOOOOOD well kind of Good

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY

I had been looking forward to this day for about a week. Matt and I decided early in the week we were going to cook up some nasty (slang for good) food for a Super Bowl feast. After deciding this we went straight to the joy of cooking. It actually has a super bowl menu in case anyone wants any ideas for last year. The goal here was simply great food with the resources and words in German that we knew. Daunting task I know but we passed with flying colors.

For the menu we decided on Chili Con Carne, Chicken Wings, Baked Potato Skins, Nachos, and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. When Sunday started it was like the iron chef in our chicken. A few of the recipies took extensive preparation time so this was an all-day process. I cooked up the Chili Con Carne to start off the night and Matt rocked some killer nachoes, wings, and potatoe skins throughout the game. Lily dominated some cookies to finish off the good eats.

I don't know if I have mentioned this before but Matt has this application called slingbox on his computer and it allows him to watch and control his girlfriend's tv in America. This gives us access to all the channels of the good ole' US of A. A couple of Matt's buddies from college showed up too brandishing a projector and a few adult drinks which made for one Super filled Sunday.

The only difference between me and you watching the Super Bowl is that mine started at 12:28 am and not 5:28pm. This meant that SuperBowl Festivities went into the early early early morning. I couldn't of asked for anything better. Great food and drink, great company, and a great game. It made for one memorable Super Bowl Monday.

The only bad part about the morning was the final Steelers drive. I went from the highest of higs after Fitzgerald's touchdown to the lowest of lows for Holme's TD. Thats the beauty of sports though and I cannot complain about the game. This super bowl party tops my all-time super bowl parties and it will be hard to match. I like the challenge.

TJW

P.S.
If anyone knows of extremely flexible late spring, summer employment I am beginning the job search for the summer.

I am also throwing around the idea of private basketball instruction for any age both in Redwood and the twin cities...drop a line if anyone knows anyone who might be interested

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Hey thanks for the post! Love reading your blogs :) If you are interested in instructing little kids my brother Blake would sure love it and my mom would be more than willing (I'm pretty sure) to pay you for some time. Blake loves basketball, just doesn't always do so well in the "team" setting. It gets too boring too fast as he has to take turns...let me know if that would be something you would be willing to do and I could talk to my mom. How long will you be home for? Well I will talk to you soon...take care! Bye Trevor...

Seth said...

i would like lessons please...what is your hourly charge???

JAJ said...

Wow, that was some Super Bowl. The only bad thing was that the Cards lost but didn't really because Holmes did not have both feet down on that touchdown-in fact he had one foot on top of the other, but I don't think they are going to change it. say we need you for the Suns so get your agent right on that, ok? Oh as you are looking for work consider some digging in our backyard redoing our pool etc. let me know-well take care,
Your fav aunt Julie

Alicia said...

Well last Friday night you must have been cheering...or would it be saturday morning for you? Well either way we went to Windom on Friday night and won! And I mentioned your proposition of bball lessons to the RVHS guy's bball coach and he said when it gets closer to your arrival to the U.S. he will help me spread the word to the bball boys tho idk how many takers there will be but i tried... :)

Trevor Wittwer said...

Brandi - It all depends on whether or not I leave here with a job next year. I will hopefully be home until mid to late August.

SJ - For you buddy, simply your presence is worth more than any monetary value

Auntie Julie - get me some contacts for the Suns, I wouldn't mind moving to Arizona and if you get me a contract I will service your pool free of charge

Alicia - Thanks for putting the word out