Thanks for stopping by. Take a look around and sift through all the awkwardness that is living and playing basketball in Germany. You get to experience everything without the awkward turtle. Consider yourself lucky. Enjoy!

Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

First Game - WOW

I got my chance to watch the first game yesterday. WOW is about the only way to describe it. I think my exact words at the game were "This looks like a pick-up game at the local YMCA." Matt then replies "At least they get in fights and are some what intense at the YMCA, I can't stop laughing." Matt by the way was playing. The team we played I guess was in a lower league but they had a variety of players: A taller guy with goggles, a short asian point guard, two skinny pony-tailed germans (you get the picture). We won the game by 50 or so and Tremaine and I didn't even play.

The team I am on is made up of kids of all ages. The average age for the team is I think 20 and the three Americans (Tremiane, Matt, and I) are the oldest on the team.

Basketball here is nothing like the states. The game is so slow and they do this "euro-step" where they take and extra step (traveling in the US) but they don't allow the open step (the quickest move in the US). More thoughts will definitely come on the game later when I actually start playing. First practice is today. I am really excited about that.

No comments: