Thanks for stopping by. Take a look around and sift through all the awkwardness that is living and playing basketball in Germany. You get to experience everything without the awkward turtle. Consider yourself lucky. Enjoy!

Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Wilkommen die Deustchland

My first German experience. I was at the grocery store this morning and I go to get a cart and realize they are all locked. Then I see a little coin slot and notice that you have to pay to use the grocery cart in the store. What a load of crap. So I proceed into the grocery store and grab the things that I need (at least I think they are the things that I need because I am still unable to read labels) and come to the checkout counter and pay for the goods. I then realize that there are no plastic bags to put my stuff in. I then had to load up my pockets and arms with all my groceries and walk the .5 mile plus back to my house. I believe I looked ridiculous. Better believe the next time I go back to the grocery store I am bringing a bag.

Germany is very clean. They recycle everyhthing and there is never garbage laying around. They seem to have much less waste than America. Their garbage cans are half the size and lots of windmills and solar panels.

Chao

1 comment:

KR said...

Guten Morgen Trevor,

I was laughing so hard when I read this entry! This is culture immersion at its best! Should I send you a grocery cart, maybe one you could pedal to the store to be really efficient, and some reusable grocery bags? The bigger question is..."What exactly did you buy at the store?" You'll have to reprogram when you come back to the states!
What GREAT FUN!
Love,
Auntie Kristi