Thanks for stopping by. Take a look around and sift through all the awkwardness that is living and playing basketball in Germany. You get to experience everything without the awkward turtle. Consider yourself lucky. Enjoy!

Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Welcome to Germany

Guten Morgan! I finally got the internet to work long enough for me to write a quick entry. I finally made it to Germany after an interesting round about trip. After missing my connecting flight I was flown to Munich then to Dusseldorf. To top it all off my bags did not arrive with me in Dusseldorf, lucky enough they were delivered later that evening. I live with 3 other guys, two guys from America and one from Serbia. They are all very pleasant people. I live in a flat and share part of a room with Marko the guy from Serbia. My bed I think is a couch/bed so I have been sleeping in the living room on the sofa instead. Its way more comfortable. Ivan, my coach, is working on gettting me a real bed. I think the idea of playing in Europe is very much a romanticized idea. Home was slightly (exaggeration) more comfortable than this. I have everything I need here and it will just take some getting used to. I have been here two days and its already starting to feel like home.

No comments: