Thanks for stopping by. Take a look around and sift through all the awkwardness that is living and playing basketball in Germany. You get to experience everything without the awkward turtle. Consider yourself lucky. Enjoy!

Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Update

Hey Everyone! Its been awhile since I have written a blurp so I decided since my fingers are not quite at frost bite stage that I will pound out a few keys. Nothing exciting has been happening here since we haven't had any games. During the next three weeks all the schools are on holiday so since we use their gyms we don't really have games. Coach does plan to play a few exhibition games next week to keep our rhythm as he likes to call it.

The last week has just been military training. We rarely touch a ball until the end of practice. Today we did agility drills for an hour and a half. I guess he feels that some people on our team are a little out of shape. I can't really disagree with him but I would love to touch a ball every once in awhile, this is basketball right?

Currently we are practicing in this dinky gym that doesn't even have three point lines. I don't even think the hoops are ten feet as we can adjust them at will with the crank on the wall. One of the hoops we always put down to four feet so Coach's little kid Marko can shoot. He is one of the coolest little kids I know. He loves basketball and comes to almost every practice.

Yesterday we had to opportunity to scrimmage against a pro A team called FC Shalke. The crazy thing is Brady Brink who played at Saint Johns is playing for them. We actually guarded each other for a majority of the time and i was able to catch up with him a bit before and after the scrimmage. He seems to be really liking it there and we plan to meet up again when both of our scedules allow it.

It was alot of fun to play against a team that was a few levels higher than us. It really taught us about our team. Shalke all-around had much better athletes which is understandable because they had five + ?? foreign players on thier team. There is no limit on foreign players in pro A. They also had much more basketball knowledge than many of the players on our team which makes sense because much of thier guys are older. I feel talent wise though I could definately play with these guys. I didn't feel out of my league at all. For whatever that is worth.

Well my hands are now frost bitten and I am going inside before my computer freezes. Off to Amsterdam!!

Tschuss
TJW

2 comments:

Uncle Tim said...

Hey Trev!
They made a big deal in the St. Cloud paper about Brady playing on a German Pro team. It is good to know that you are up to their level of playing.

Damp and cool is the way of it in Europe a lot of the time. Christmas is supposed to be pretty however with all of the extra decorating and traditions etc.

See ya,

Uncle Tim

pas said...

Trevor:
Took me a few times to get going with this.
Glad to here that your team is doing well.
Not too much Octoberfesting now!

cousin Patti in CA