Thanks for stopping by. Take a look around and sift through all the awkwardness that is living and playing basketball in Germany. You get to experience everything without the awkward turtle. Consider yourself lucky. Enjoy!

Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Newspaper Blog: Goals for 2010

Here is an article I wrote for a newspaper a few weeks back.  Also, its gameday today.  Don't know for sure if I am going to play,  I tore some muscle fibers in my butt.  The team we are playing is not very good so we should be alright.  Check facebook later this afternoon for a score.

Guten Morgen, Guten Morgen, Guten Morgen Sonnenschein.



I do hope your morning is going well and the sun is shining because as I write the outside looks dark and dreary. And no I am not writing at night.


Since last week was a reflection on 2009 I think it’s a natural progression to look to the future and see what is in store for 2010. Since you are reading this, you successfully completed the maze of 2009. Now, have you taken the time to write directions for your world in 2010 or are you simply flying by the seat of your pants (terrible American expression meaning no direction at all, doing whatever, whenever, wherever)? Have you identified what you want to accomplish in 2010 and mapped out how you are going to get there or are you simply taking whatever is thrown at you?


Since I can only really speak for myself, here are my 8 goals/aspirations for 2010.


1. Floss consistently. I have a tendency to floss every once in awhile instead of everyday. Too much information? Probably!


2. Win a league championship. I think its time, don’t you? The town, the organization, and the fans deserve it. If you don’t believe me, you haven’t been to a game recently. Case and point: Sixth Man.


3. Read at least one book a month on various subjects. I believe constant learning and reflection are cornerstones to a productive and fulfilling life.


4. Play basketball in Australia. 2 words: Warm weather.


5. Expand my culinary skills.


6. Reduce the toxic load on my body. If you have not figured it out yet, I am kind of health nerd. Not kind of, I am. Environmental toxins are all around us especially in things we use and eat everyday. Not only are these harmful to our bodies but also to the environment. I need to continue to educate myself and make smarter consumer decisions. Not only for myself but for the environment and the generations to come.


7. Increase my German vocabulary and usage in everyday conversation. I am still looking for that tutor.


8. Be better at picking up after myself. My roommates might appreciate this one. Evidence of this shortcoming can be traced to my childhood in conjunction with my compassionate, caring, and willing along with being an only child.


Take a second to think about what you aspire to do in 2010. Now, how do you get there?


TJW

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Goal 9, Make enough money to bring my sweet ass friends to the games where I am playing Basketball... 3 Words, Warm Weather Australia!...I hope

Good Luck My Good Friend

Matt 'juice' Oja