Thanks for stopping by. Take a look around and sift through all the awkwardness that is living and playing basketball in Germany. You get to experience everything without the awkward turtle. Consider yourself lucky. Enjoy!

Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Soest Game Analysis

Today's game analysis may be a little short. I would like to preface the analysis with I believe my computer crashed now for the second time over here in Germany so I do not know when it will be up and running again. I am currently secretly using Mr. Matt's computer.

Game vs. Soest

So with the absence of an athletic trainer getting ready for a game with an ankle sprain is really interesting. Lucky for me the sprain was not that bad. Matt is our stand-in athletic trainer so he was going to tape my ankle. The only problem was that we did not have enough tape to do an entire tape job. So, I just went with a half tape job threw on an ankle brace and was going to play like that. What we do have is a team doctor and he showed up slightly after this point. He said he would tape my ankle so I took off the half tape job and the ankle brace and then he did an interesting German tape job, can't say I have ever seen anything like it before. Well, after he got done I put on the ankle brace I think for the third or fourth time and by now it was game time. So much for getting a good warm-up in.

We played much better this time against Soest. During the game I never really felt like it was going to be a game. We were had a command over the game the entire time. The ankle didn't feel100 percent but surprisingly better than expected so I was happy with that. I was more tentative on drives because of it but that's just how it goes.

As I said earlier it was a good team win. Everyone in the house was in double digits. Everyone on the team saw some nice playing time.

Practice have been really good lately. Competitiveness in practice has gotten much stronger. We will be prepared to face the top two teams in our league in the next two weeks, Munster and Hagan. These next two weeks should be a lot of fun.

It was brought to my attention (Matthia) that I have forgotten all about the two teams that I coach on my blog. We will have no more of that.

U14

After two wins in a row we had a tough loss away this week. We have been making tons of improvement but still struggle with our movement and spacing.

2. Men's Team

My mens team dominated again like usual. We played fast and put the game out of reach after the first couple minutes. I think we ended up winning by 50 or so but we missed the century mark by 4 which was good for me because I didn't have to buy a case of beer for the team. All the guys got a lot of playing time and we put in a new offense that showed some promise. The PT'per (prime time player) of the day goes to Christopher Meinert.

My men's team has only lost one game all season and is in first place in the league.

As for life in Werne. All is well. I may have gotten another speeding ticket but we will see. Stupid cameras (and thanks mom for the lead foot).

Love from around the world
TJW

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude how many Speeding Tickets did you get in the states I know you were pulled over a lot, and on some of those you even had a fuzz buster.

Keep it real and keep both feet on the ground, except when you are dunking on them Europeans!

KR said...

My dear Trevor,

O.K., I did not know that you were coaching 2 teams. Did I miss something in previous blogs? Sounds like some FUN!!

Take care of your ankle and we'll be thinking of you the next couple weekends. Can't wait to read about it!

love,
Auntie Kristi

Seth said...

haha good chuckle good chuckle...i would have to blame your mother for your foot as well man!!!and since when have you been coaching???i don't think you have even mentioned anything before...anyways...hope all is well...let us know when you will be gracing us with your presence back home!!!