Thanks for stopping by. Take a look around and sift through all the awkwardness that is living and playing basketball in Germany. You get to experience everything without the awkward turtle. Consider yourself lucky. Enjoy!

Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

MS Ride 150


I was introduced to this event by a good college friend and it got me to thinking. Why not start a team of my own. I haven't officially signed up a team yet because I would like to put the word out before I get anything going.

What is it: MS Ride 150

Where is it: Duluth to Minneapolis (2 Day ride)

When is it: June 12-14

Why do it: I first thought of this as a way to get the family together to support a good cause but anyone who wants to ride with is more than welcome. I think it would be a good way to show support for a quality organization and also commemorate the life of James Arthur Wittwer. For those of you who don't know my family history James is my father and lost his battle to Multiple Sclerosis (MS) a little over two years ago. What a way to commemorate his life, ride with the wind through your hair in the beautiful MN countryside for those who continue the fight against this horrid disease. Maybe we will make someone else's life a little less painful with the contribution we make. Isn't that reason enough?

Reasons why you should participate:
  • Support a good cause
  • Help those who are less fortunate
  • Commemorate the life of Jim
  • See the outdoors firsthand -- from outside the car
  • Feel the wind flow rush across your face
  • Motivation to get back on that bike and train
  • Create life long memories
  • Bonding time with friends and family
  • Accomplish something special as a group
  • FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN
Mull it over and when I get the team created I will send over the link. In the meantime meander through the MS 150 Website to get the full scoop.

P.S. I am looking for a team name as well so post your ideas of team names and how much money you think we could feasible raise as a team in the next 3 months

GET TO IT!!!!!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

well i think this idea is a wonderful idea and i would love to be involved...as for team names: juic'd or the GOAT A.K.A. the Greatest Of All Time...yea im not much help...tho i do like juice :D
Lets see RWF is still in the running for sections...we have won our first section game and tonight we play our second one....we won the first game by like 10 pts. and tonight will be an uphill battle...were playing MACCRAY....who we have alreade lost to :( i do think we can pull it off...weve got the fire in us!!!and i will be cheering for myself, your mom , and you because i doubt you will get this before the game so you can cheer....
well i will keep you posted :D!!!

Alicia said...

my english teachers would be proud of my grammer in these posts....haha NOT oh well im in a hurry lol