Thanks for stopping by. Take a look around and sift through all the awkwardness that is living and playing basketball in Germany. You get to experience everything without the awkward turtle. Consider yourself lucky. Enjoy!

Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Old Fashioned DunkFest

I just want to start by thanking everyone that has already voted. I am already putting together a few ideas of the first couple things I am going to write about. I have to keep this blog going somehow after the season because I know you don't want to hear about my training. It really is the unglamorous part of sport although part of my favorite.

I also want to thank everyone who has supported me by clicking on the ads. It is much appreciated and keep up the good work. If you aren't clicking the ads think of it as a mini-finger workout. A few clicks here and there will go a LONG ways over a lifetime. :) Think of the calories burned.

Back to the task at hand: Game Review

Honestly, going into this game we kind of thought it was going to be a blow-out. The only reason we played the game was to find out how big it was going to be and see how many dunks we could get. The house put in work scoring 76 of our total 110 points with the absence of Marko due to that fact that he's a wimp or has a sprained ankle but probably a combination of the two. I don't think Marko reads the blog so if I get whacked in the middle of the night I will know why.

Slight Tangent: My Serbian friend is on his way to coming to America to go to school and play basketball. If anybody knows a team who needs a big man and has a full-ride scholarship available let me know.

Direct quote from Junior Denson as we were sitting on the bench "Games like this are difficult to play in. I could literally score on every single possession if I wanted to but I don't want to get that tired. I mean its fun for you because you get to dunk but me I do the same lay-ups no matter who we play." To be honest he was 100% correct. We literally scored at will and my shot of choice was indeed the dunk shot. I may have had the coolest dunk of my career 30 seconds into the game. I don't remember how the fast break started but I got the ball on the wing with one guy to beat. I drove baseline then hop stepped to the middle and decided to hammer it on this "taken off guard" defender. I don't think he had any idea I was going to rise on him so he just stood underneath and took it like a champ.

We blew the game open right from the start. Holding a 20-40 point lead the entire game. I think in the game I had eight dunks and pinned three balls against the backboard to go along with a bunch of missed free throws. We gave the fans a little bit of everything: 3 balls, off the backboard dunks, reverses, 1-hand, 2-hand. Everyone on the team saw major minutes and we just had a lot of fun on the court. Games like this are fun every once in awhile but we look forward the battle next week with Recklinhausen, a little unfinished business or simply straight revenge.

Newspaper Box Score:
TEAM UND PUNKTE

TV Werne:
Aaron (17), Meinert (16), Mersch (8), Docenko (2), Denson (16), Wittwer (25), Lüttecke (7), Stachula (2), Tübel, Goldsmith (18).

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

pusi kurac!!!! i wanted to play, but coach didn't want to put me in...