Thanks for stopping by. Take a look around and sift through all the awkwardness that is living and playing basketball in Germany. You get to experience everything without the awkward turtle. Consider yourself lucky. Enjoy!

Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Weekend in Review

The weekend started with an easy win in Paderborn. I am not going to elaborate on this game very much because we won by forty 126:83; enough said. It was like playing against children because most of the players were probably eighteen. My high school team could have stomped this team. I did get a sick alley-opp from Tremaine on a fastbreak which might give one of their little guards nightmares for a few days because I sat on his head. I had no motivation the entire game because we could score at will, definitely not worth the hour and a half drive.

Championship Sunday was where the real fireworks happened. My young guns put up a strong fight but just didn't have enough energy to get the win. They are playing the best basketball I have seen them play all year. Things are starting to come together for them. Too bad there is only one game left in the season. Hopefully they learned a few things and will be better off next year.

After the game we had a little pool party and BBQ with the parents. After a hour of throwing skinny adolescent boys through the air and pelting them with water balls it was time to eat. We had bratwurst (of course) and a few nice salads. I really wish I could have gotten to know the parents a little better because they seem like really nice people. I had a few nice conversations on car rides but I think most are not sure enough of their English to really strike up a conversation with me except for a select few.

Well, the game of the evening began around 6:00 pm and was over by about 6:30. My men's team came out strong and demolished TuS Hemmerde in the first two quarters with a score of 45:15. This is the same team that beat us earlier in the season when we were missing a few of our players and we played on a "Saved by the Bell" court. Oh how things are different when we have everybody and play on a regulation floor. A thirty point lead at halftime allowed us to coast to a 79:39 win. For those who haven't been keeping track at home that secures the championship for us. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS! Its a good feeling because these guys are way too good for this league and need some more competition. Congratulations guys!I really look like a coach in my shorts and hat huh? Well that's what a championship coach wears so all you haters out there can kiss my championship butt.

The championship party went into the early morning and it was great to have all the guys over to the house for my second BBQ of the day. Check out the grill we used below :)


1 comment:

Alicia said...

Now wait...you said your highschool team could beat this team you played...which high school team is now the question...your highschool team back when you were in highschool playing when you were still in highschool, your highschool team back when you were in highschool but playing at the ages you are today, or your highschool team but the team who is in highschool today (the team I did stats for)...well maybe that makes no sense...but maybe its not supposed to, maybe I just gave you something to do, something to ponder over. Have fun trying to figure this post out!!! :p